Saturday, September 19, 2015

student council

so in 5th grade you get to run for officer positions for student council like president, vice president, secretary, treasurer or historian. i've been wanting to run for treasurer since 3rd grade so i was really excited when student council officer week finally came around & i could run! i worked really really hard on my poster board making it just as awesome as i could with mommy & daddy's help.
every year the 5th graders running for officer post their posters a week before the student council class representatives run & the school is covered with them broken down by position. & was so excited on monday when it was hung up. 
then on thursday each student running for an officer position had to stand up in front of the whole 5th grade to give a speech on why they're running for their position. this was my speech that i said in front of everyone... that is so not easy & something i really don't enjoy, but i did it! then we had to wait till friday to find out who won the officer positions!!!
Dear friends,
My name is Ella McLain Lopez.This year,I'm running for the position of treasurer in the Student Council. I would like to tell you why I'm very suitable for this position. First of all, I'm good at math and I can keep track of money very efficiently. I am very organized. I always follow the rules. When it comes to money, I am very careful. If I have money in hand, I don't spend it all unnecessarily because I know the value of money. I'm a very responsible student. This applies to everything I do. I have experience as a student council representative last year in my 4th grade class. I am a very good team player. This makes me very capable because I have to work with other Student Council members. I respect others ideas and voice mine when I'm in a discussion. Thank you for your time, I would like your support and I respect each and every one of your votes.
this year there was 9 students running for treasurer who are all super cool & i know it was a super tough figuring out who to vote for. unfortunately i didn't get enough votes & jackson will be treasurer this year for dickinson elementary. it's ok, i was a little sad at first but i know all my friends voted for me & it was a good experience. i can still run for my class representative & there's the kindness club too. so hey this year it wasn't meant to be me, but one day it will be!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you young lady. You handled this very well and your speech was eloquent and to the point(s) and good points they were too! I know you fought hard and with great support from your friends AND family. I was rooting for you! It would have been cool if you did win but your attitude going forward is much more important and I can see your attitude is just fine, perfect even. Learn from your experiences and try even harder next time. You do not always win the first time in life, or even the second and sometimes maybe never but you learn each time and try to be better, smarter, next time. As long as you walk away with more experiences under your belt the better you do in your life. Also remember the biggest thing is that not only have you thought you would make a good treasurer, you attempted to become one, you did not shy away from the effort and the chance of losing did not prevent you from trying. I know that getting up in front of all those people and making that speech was hard but it will be much easier next time because you had the courage to do it this time. It not too early to start planning next year’s election, do not make it your most important task, just observe this year and then next year put your new experience to work.
    Love you,
    Dino Pop

    ReplyDelete