Monday, September 23, 2013

piano club

at my school they're introducing the beginning of a piano club & there will be two groups, beginner  (that's what i was trying out for) & intermediate. when i heard about the piano club, i was so excited & couldn't wait to find out more! last monday were the auditions for everyone who wanted to try out & boy was there A LOT of students trying out.  i had no idea what to expect because i've never done anything like this, but i knew i wanted to be a part of this! i was super nervous because there was a limited number of students allowed to participate in the club & the auditions were really hard & i had no idea how i did. mr. ford (our music teacher) told us that we could expect a letter to go home later in the week letting us know if we had made the club. on thursday morning i saw mr. ford when i was walking onto school & he told me i did good on my auditions & that i made the piano club, but i wasn't believing until i was seeing a letter with my name on it! finally, finally i received my letter saying that i had been chosen as a member of the 2013 piano club... whoo hoo!!! so on october 1st at 3:00 is our 1st lesson, where we'll discuss club policies & materials needed! i don't own a piano so i'm thinking i'll definitely need to get a keyboard so i can practice at home! for now i'll just use the keyboard on the kindle fire to help me. i'm so excited about all the songs i'm going to learn & the new friends i'll make too!

2 comments:

  1. You know what, I never get tired of saying “I am so proud of you” so here we go. I am so proud of you, you could be the next Fat’s Domino (http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fats+domino&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=F7AAF5385AF7159632F2F7AAF5385AF7159632F2),Dave “Baby” Cortez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtXo7_C-d4), Les McCann and Ed Harris (http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=compared+to+what+what&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=DD81A4C559B36B7E3E9EDD81A4C559B36B7E3E9E). Playing the piano will give you such a great understanding of music and how it is made that you will probably play other instruments as well. I wish I still had my keyboard, I will check the net for one.
    Love you,
    Dino Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again I am so envious of your opportunities to learn new things. I know you will do well on the piano, not because it will be easy, but because you are so determined, you have a great amount of will power and that comes from within. Learning the piano will lead to other instruments because if you can play a piano you can probably learn to play any instrument. There has been music albums (CDs) released where the musician played all the instruments on it. I believe Paul McCartney has done this and Joe Ely, Mike Oldfield and others. I can hardly wait to buy your first CD.
    Love you,
    Dino Pop

    ReplyDelete