Thursday, November 15, 2012

whispering wind

whispering wind
today at mdo was livi's thanksgiving feast & for the last 3 weeks her class has been working so hard on amazing crafts for this special day. everyone in the class dressed as native americans for the day & had specials names given to them also, livi's name was "whispering wind." they made place mats, decorations for their homes out of burlap, thanksgiving candles out of beans, headdresses & the the coolest fringed beaded t-shirts ever!!! this morning, livi couldn't wait to get ready for school. she had laid out her outfit last night & told mommy exactly how she wanted her hair to be fixed! i couldn't believe it when i saw her, she looked so stickin cute & totally like a native american! her teachers even brought in a tee pee so the class could see how the native americans lived. livi was so excited she asked daddy to come to the feast to celebrate with all of them, she picked out his outfit & everything, so he'd look "real handsome" for the day. daddy felt so special because he was the only parent there & he got lots of attention. they feasted on turkey slices, pb&j's, mac & cheese, grapes, strawberries, carrots & dip, apple juice & a pilgrim hat cookie for dessert. tomorrow livi has another feast at shady oak & she loved her outfit so much today she's going to wear it again tomorrow.
their festive table

whispering wind & little fawn
feasting
the native americans & their tee pee

1 comment:

  1. Now I know why John Smith took a fall for Pocahontas! What a gorgeous young native American. I would share my turkey with her anyday. Great job on all the outfits. Livi, I remember when your mother was in grade school I would sometimes go to her school and have lunch with her. I would have done it more often but the food was TERRIBLE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete