Saturday, February 23, 2013

the houston livestock show & rodeo parade

guess what we did this morning... we went to our 1st parade, it was the houston livestock show & rodeo parade! we had the best time ever, there were more horses & cowboys than you could count, floats, trail riders, rodeo clowns, really old fire trucks, stilt walkers, dancers, the army, cheerleaders, over 10 marching bands, thousands of people & a dancing horse! i loved the marching bands, I have no idea how they can march, dance, avoid horse poop & play their instruments all at the same time... it's amazing! livi loved all the different kinds of horses; they came in all different sizes, colors, some had painted hoofs, braided ribbon manes, sparkle collars, costumes, polka dots, really big pointed ears like sadie, glitter shoes & beautiful tails. she also thought it was really super funny that they pooped & walked at the same time. the best part was we got front row seats, right on the curb & got to see everything perfectly. all in all i have to say we picked the best kind of parade to be our 1st because it really represented our home here in texas & I know we'll never forget it.

1 comment:

  1. I do not know where to start with this posting. There are so many good pictures of what makes a parade fun. I liked the fact you had the Texas A&M band playing, marching and dodging. There were great clowns, and I love old fire engines (I love all old trucks), and those pretty cowgirls standing up on their horses. You could use that tall, tall, cowboy’s belt buckle for a dinner plate. As to the horses pooping and walking I guess you could say they are multitasking. I am surprised Livi thought that was such a neat trick, I guess she has forgotten the days she ran around in diapers – pooping, running, laughing all at the same time.

    Love you,
    Dino Pop

    ReplyDelete