teachers – the people who educate us and give us the vital knowledge which we need to live our lives. they encourage, support, discipline and prepare us for the road ahead and now it’s time for us to show them our appreciation. teacher appreciation week began on the 6th until the 10th of may 2013, which will be the perfect opportunity for us to show teachers how thankful we are for their support. so it’s time for us to demonstrate how much our teachers mean to us, let’s all say a big thank you to the people who work really hard so that we can have a better future. livi & i got together to come up with some really special ideas for gifts. we gave all of teachers a bag of candy coated popcorn with a note that said "you add a pop of color to my day", chocolate covered pretzels with a note that said "we could knot have made through the year without you", a really cool jar of m&m's with a special poem, then we each printed out a cute subway art saying & framed it for them. i also got mrs. castile an awesome set of expo markers (she really needed them) with a note that said "thank you for coloring our lives" & on tuesday all the students were asked to bring her a flower so she can have a special bouquet. instead of bringing her a real life flower, i brought her one of my famous card paper flowers so she can always keep it & it won't die. we were so happy to bring everything in to our teachers to thank them for all that they've done & to tell them we appreciate them soooooo much!
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I had to think how to respond to this “teacher appreciation week” as your relationship with your teachers and mine when I was your age was A TAD BIT DIFFERENT! I looked at my teachers most of the time as prison guards, torturers, people standing between me and the freedom of being outside. I did not think they were human. Heck fire, they never got sick, of course I thought at the time if they got sick we could stay home too. Then finally one year my teacher cracked a little bit and missed a day of school but did we kids get to miss as well. NOOOOOOOOOOO! It was so unfair, where in the @#$% did substitute teachers come from, surely some dark part of the underworld. I could see my teacher at home sick but laughing herself silly because we had to be in school and she was home. It was later before I started liking school and learning and reading and girls etc. I started liking my teachers and knew they were not really the spawn of some underworld evil, evil, evil plot to rob kids of their outside time. I do not think I got to the point I was going to bring them any flowers, but I quit trying to plan on how to sneak in poison Ivey, or poison oak, or stinging nettle and put in in their desk drawer or somewhere they would encounter it ALL OVER THEIR BODIES!!!! Maybe teachers are different now, more human, but I doubt it. When I look back I really did have some pretty good teachers, even if they did come from another planet.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Dino Pop