Monday, July 14, 2014

paleontologists for the day

when we went to the museum the other day, we brought home dig a glow dinosaur eggs for a souvenir. it was such a pretty day that we decided to take our eggs outside & become paleontologists for the day to see what was buried & hidden inside. the egg was made out of plaster & we had to gently scrape away the edge of the plaster with the flat side of the digging tool. the when we saw the glow of the dinosaur showing through the plaster we had dig the plaster with care. to avoid damage, we had dig away all the plaster around the dinosaur before removing it. then we clean off the leftover dust one the dinosaur with a cloth. let me tell you being a paleontologist is very hard, awesome, back breaking, hot, dusty, sweaty, long, DIRTY & rewarding work! by the time we were done we had unearthed a baby triceratops & stegosaurus that when they're charged by a light source they glow magically in the dark... they are the coolest things ever!!!
aren't they neat?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool toy/science experiment, again something I would have loved when I was growing up. Actually they are so reasonable ($) I think I will get one for myself and join the experiment/fun. What a mess though, where are the pictures of what Ella and Livi looked like when they finished?!
    Love you,
    Dino Pop

    ReplyDelete